Learning the best way to wash a car will give your car a long-lasting shine.
We all take pride in the vehicle(s) we own and what’s more fun than giving your pride and joy a bath? That post-wash shine is unmistakable. I find joy in detailing my car no matter how long it takes. Sometimes it can take hours, and that's just fine by me. There's just something about driving around in a clean-looking car that’s satisfying. But, how does one get their car looking like brand new? You’ll need to invest in some cleaning products and a bit of elbow grease. It’s worth it, trust me.
Ready to learn how to wash your car? Let's do this.
Before we even get into what kind of soap to wash a car with or any other product details, it’s important to lay out the car-washing process first. There isn’t a definitive process for washing your car that everyone abides by, but mine has worked well in the past. It’s easy to follow and will give you the best results:
- Do a weather check to make sure there’s no rain in the forecast the day you wash or a few days after.
- Make sure you hit commonly missed areas such as rear-view mirrors, bumpers and door handles.
- If it’s a hot day, make sure you keep the car wet for extended periods of time before it leaves water streaks.
- Once you’re done, take the car for a spin around the block so the wind helps dry the places you couldn’t reach.
Now that the process is in place, it’s time to decide on what cleaning products to use.
Consider the following car polishing kits.
Walk into your local gas station, convenience store or brand-name grocery store and you’ll discover all sorts of car-cleaning products. While they may all appear to achieve the same results, there are some that are better than others. Below are the best car polishing kits in the market:
- Gives tires a mirror-like appearance while protecting from the elements.
- Easy application.
- Bottle can last a long time with moderate use.
- Results can last up to two weeks depending on climate.
- Comes with 13 pieces including porter cable buffer, 4 buffing pads, 2 microfibre drying cloths, 1 cleaning solution, 1 polishing solution, wrench, backing plate and counterweight.
- Works great on minor scratches and rust spots.
- Great for beginners.
- Makes the polishing process easier over manually polishing.
- 13-piece, professional cleaning kit for interior and exterior use.
- Leaves a wonderful smell.
- The mitt is handy and works well.
- Tire shine is one of the best in the business.
- 11-piece kit with several wash solutions and spray bottles.
- Wash bucket is included.
- Product quantities are a good-size volume.
- Bucket comes with a lid that doubles as a seat.
- A portable high-pressure, high-temperature pressure cleaner for a car’s interior.
- Has built-in heat control and storage for brushes.
- Work on various surfaces and is safe for house use.
- Works great in tight corners and spaces.
Adam’s Tire Dressing Applicator™
- A mess-free application that makes tires look brand new.
- Made with quality materials limiting foam from breaking down easily.
- Thick material that keeps grime and cleaning gel from getting on hands.
- One swipe will coat the entire surface.
- Strong steam cleaner for the vehicle’s interior.
- Comes with extra long cord and runs on 1500 watts of power.
- Lightweight design.
- Doesn’t require harsh chemicals.
- This company is one of the leaders in car detailing products.
- Leaves an attractive “seep wet look.”
- Made with 100% carnauba-based wax.
- Can be applied when the car is wet.
- Perfect for quick interior touch-ups.
- Leaves a nice matte finish.
- No streaks are left behind.
- It has a wonderful scent.
- Long-lasting protection that creates a protective barrier for the ultimate shine.
- Comes with a microfiber cloth for simple application.
- Doesn’t leave a leftover white film.
- Works very well on black paint.
As you can see, there are plenty of choices for the best car polish available, it just depends on how much of a shine you're looking for. If you’re unsure of how to polish a car, simply refer to the product’s directions. It’s a lot easier than you think! Get ready to show off your freshly washed and polish ride and enjoy all the stares.
Trade for anything! We’ve Got Shiny Cars and Trucks For Sale!
Got a motorcycle that you’d like to trade for a car? You can do that. Got a car or truck you’d like to trade in for a motorcycle? You can do that, too. At RumbleOn, we give you the power and flexibility to trade a vehicle for any vehicle in our inventory. Too good to be true? Get your trade-in value and see for yourself how we’re shaking up the automotive industry.